PUYALLUP PARADE RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Deadline for submission is Friday, November 4th, 2016.
- Please note that the parade starts at 5:00pm in downtown Puyallup.
- All applicable fees must be paid prior to Parade Day.
- Drivers of any motorized vehicle must be at least 18 years of age and provide a copy of drivers’ license and proof of insurance with entry form.
- Admittance into the Hometown Santa Parade will be denied if an application, entry fee and applicable materials have not been received by Puyallup Main Street Association (PMSA) by the deadline date.
- A signed form releasing the Puyallup Main Street Association, City of Puyallup of any damage or harm will be required by all parade entries.
- Download application here 2016 Santa Parade Application and return to PMSA before November 4th
- Non-profits, churches, schools, or civic clubs may participate free of charge.
- Commercial entries are $75 per vehicle and is non-refundable.
A commercial entry may participate free of charge only by sponsoring a non-profit, church, school or civic club. Entry must have members of organization on board and a sign or banner of the organization it is representing must be clearly visible to the crowd.
- This is a LIGHTED Santa parade!
- All motorized vehicles MUST be decorated with a minimum of 100 holiday lights per 10 lineal ft. Power adapters can be purchased at local hardware or auto parts stores.
- All walking entries must be illuminated in some manner. Glow sticks, flashlights, battery-powered lights/candles are acceptable.
- No advertising of drugs, alcohol or tobacco products. No political, social or personal agendas will be allowed to be displayed by entries. This is a holiday celebration, let’s focus on that.
- Absolutely no one is to be dressed as Santa. PMSA provides the only Santa for the parade.
Staging and Check-in
- Your staging time, location with map and check-in instructions will be mailed to you prior to the event. You will also receive this information in an email to the address given on the application. Please be sure that your email software allows email from puyallupmainstreet.com.
- Santa Parade officials will be identified by wearing reflective vests. The Santa Parade officials reserve the right to remove any unit of which costume or performance does not meet the Santa Parade rules and regulations or conform to the standards of reasonable public taste and fit the parade theme.
- Anyone behaving inappropriately will be removed from the Parade immediately by Parade Officials or law enforcement officers.
- Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are to be consumed or exposed during the progression of the parade.
- For safety reasons, absolutely no item of any kind may be thrown into the crowd from a parade entry. This includes candy, brochures, toys, etc.
- No one from your entry may leave the parade route to distribute items to the crowd. You may have people from your group walk along the edge of the parade route and hand out items to individuals in the crowd, however, you may not stop the forward progress of the parade in order to do so.
- All persons riding in a motorized vehicle or trailer must remain seated at all times during the parade. No one is allowed to ride on a running board, hood, roof or vehicle fender.
- The parade is a continuous forward moving event. Entries may perform for the audience, but they must be continually moving in order to do so.