Puyallup Main Street Association has a job opening that needs to be filled with just the right person. This person should have a heart for downtown Puyallup, the shops, and shopkeepers and loves to get involved. If you are an organized go-getter type with lots of ideas this could be the best job ever.
POSITION: Farmers Market Manager
- To manage all aspects of our weekly Farmer's Market
Reports to: Executive Director
Wages: Depending on experience
Duties and functions of the position may include but are not limited to:
Safety & Security:
- Creating a healthy, safe and secure environment for people (market visitors, vendors, volunteers and staff), facilities and equipment.
- Ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations
- Overseeing the setup, operation and breakdown of each market
- Obtaining all required permissions, licenses, public agency permits, memberships, and insurances
- Tracking and reporting market performance and financial metrics each month to board
- Attending regular PFM Board meetings, along with other meetings as needed.
Food Access Programs:
- Tracking, reporting, invoicing to appropriate entities
- Weekly invoicing of vendor commissions
- Building strong relationships with PFM constituencies in support of our mission, including marketgoers, volunteers, staff, local businesses, community leaders, city officials and property owners bordering the market.
- Responding to all inquiries and appropriately addressing any issues in a timely manner (seeking assistance when necessary)
- Recruiting and scheduling non-profit groups to fill the market’s community tables (when allowed by covid regulations)
- Working with Manage My Market web-based farmers market software
- Collecting and Tracking vendor fees, donations, and merchandise sales
- Adhering to PFM financial standards and procedures
- Supporting bookkeeper and reporting financial results to board monthly.
- Monitoring and achieving all assigned budgets
PR, Marketing & Development:
- Supporting PR, Event and Development initiatives as needed
- Regularly post and monitor social media
- Develop marketing plan with marketing team and help implement
- Identifying and implementing best practices that improve market
- Performing other duties as needed or assigned
- Understanding the position’s responsibilities will evolve as the needs of PFM change.
The ideal candidate for this position is good at and enjoys:
- Treating everyone with respect and dignity.
- Communicating simply and effectively
- Being a go-between to resolve conflicts while keeping your cool and staying calm
- Being able to connect the dots to solve problems creatively, efficiently, and effectively
- Bringing people together behind a common goal, inspiring teamwork, and a positive market environment
- Staying organized and juggling lots of different deadlines, priorities, and tasks
- Strong attention to detail, including with money, even when there are lots of distractions
- Working efficiently and being proactive about making things happen faster, easier, better and cheaper
- Working independently as well as on a team and with other teams
- Understand Pierce County permitting requirements
- Working knowledge of food access programs
Requirements- You must have the ability to:
- Work in outdoor environment in adverse weather conditions
- Life up to 40 pounds safely
- Have the spatial understanding to create market layouts
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Experience in Quickbooks preferred
- Knowledge in (or ability to learn to use) Manage My Market web-based farmers market software
- Drive your own vehicle on market day
- Have (or able to procure) current Pierce County Health Department Food Handlers Permit and CPR/First Aid Certification