Saturday, December 2nd, at 5:00pm
Bring the kids down to welcome Santa! See the jolly old elf arrive on one of Puyallup’s finest fire engines! Included in the festivities is the Holiday Market (12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.) in the Pioneer Park Pavilion and the lighting of the Community Tree in the Park! This wonderful community tradition is a great way to kick off the holiday season! Nibble on cookies and sip on hot cocoa as you watch the lighted delights pass by. CLICK HERE FOR PARADE APPLICATION.
Santa Parade Order (check back for this)
Santa Parade Alphabetical Order (check back for this)
Parade check list for 2017 Puyallup Santa Parade, December 2, 2017
Again this year I am requesting all parade participants to be decorated with lights for this nighttime event in Puyallup. I want to thank everyone for doing such a great job the last two years. Everyone looked so festive and the crowd all loved it. It’s my hope you will all be able to do the same this year. Please remember there in only ONE Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus in the parade. He will come at the end of the parade.
- Complete and deliver the Santa Parade application by November 11th 2017.
- Be sure to indicate whether you will appear in PUYALLUP, SUMNER, or BOTH.
- Have a copy of driver’s license and insurance for each driver, please attach to application and include the name of the group on your copy.
- Provide a lighted or reflective sign large enough to identify your group name. This will help members find you in the staging area (a common problem) and your fans will be able to identify you in the dark as you travel along the route (an even bigger problem).
- Adults and group leaders MUST HAVE some kind of lighting and/or glow in the dark decorations. The more holiday festive the better. The children and youth in each group are highly encouraged to have lighted attire or at least “glow in the dark attire.” This is a way for everyone to identify your group and for all your family and friends who want to get that special photo.
- In Sumner, all participants stage in the parking lot at Sunset Chevrolet Stadium. In Puyallup participants stage in several downtown areas near the intersection where Main Avenue crosses Meridian Street.
- CANDY OR TRINKETS MAY BE PASSED OUT For the saftey of our parade watchers PLEASE DO NOT THROW FROM MOVING VEHICALS.
- Any questions? Please contact Puyallup Santa Parade Chair Jackee Bechtold at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 253-863-4924 or cell phone 253-202-4333. I will get back to you as soon as possible. Or contact Chris Kucklick for parade logistics matters. Use email@example.com or 253-845-2345.
Jackee Bechtold and your 2017 Santa Parade Committee