The Puyallup Main Street Association (PMSA) is one of the most successful Main Street organizations in Washington State. PMSA has been instrumental in the revitalization of Puyallup’s downtown. Major programs and events include the facade improvement program, the Puyallup Farmer’s Market, the Meeker Days street festival, and many other community oriented events and programs.
POSITIONS: Farmer’s Market Helper
- To assist with the market duties and ensure a smooth daily set up and takedown and be available to solve any problems that may arise.
Reports to: Market Manager and Assistant Market Manager
Hours of this position are every Saturday from April 20th until October 12th from roughly 5:30 a.m. until the end of the market day when all duties are complete (roughly 4:00 p.m.).
Wages: $13.00 Hourly
Duties and functions of the positions may include but are not limited to:
- Follow market day routine to set up the market as needed ( road closure signs, signage, banners, market booth, kids club booth, electrical equipment, direct traffic )
- Assist vendors as necessary
- Staff the information booths and answer questions from the public
- Help with the collection of Market Fee’s at the end of each day
- Assist with the weekly programming (kids programs, cooking demos, entertainment, etc..)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Outgoing and passionate about the farmers market and the local agricultural community who would like to learn about and assist in the daily operations required to run a farmers market.
- Strong communication skills
- Physical ability to lift 50 lbs. and be on your feet for 10 hours a day
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Some accounting/money-handling skills
- Ability to handle high-stress situations and unexpected issues appropriately
- Care and concern for all vendors success
Please send in your resume to
Patty Villa at
Or drop by in person at our office
118 W Main St. Puyallup, WA 98371