The Puyallup Main Street Association (PMSA) is one of the most successful Main Street organizations in Washington State. PMSA has been instrumental in the revitalization of Puyallup’s downtown. Major programs and events include: the facade improvement program, the Puyallup Farmer’s Market, the Meeker Days street festival, and many other community oriented events and programs.
Position: Executive Director
Reports to: Board President
About the Puyallup Main Street Association
The Puyallup Main Street Association is a non-profit 501 (c)3 organization. Our Mission is to create a vital, inviting downtown that promotes quality business, cultural and community growth. The purpose and objectives of Puyallup Main Street Association include, but are not limited to: encouraging and supporting a variety of activities and/or projects that will improve the revitalization, aesthetics, and economic, social, and cultural conditions in downtown Puyallup.
The opportunity: Executive Director
Puyallup Main Street Association is seeking an energetic and community focused individual for the position of Executive Director. It is our priority to find the best individual to lead, while maintaining a stable and effective organization as well as a vision and unwavering pride for downtown Puyallup. The Executive Director will serve as a full-time advocate for downtown and as an authority and source of information.
Reporting and Authority
The Executive Director reports to the Puyallup Main Street Association Board of Directors, and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the association, which includes leadership, strategic planning, Board relations, and partnership with community relations. The Executive Director is responsible for the consistent achievement of the association’s mission, strategic planning initiatives, and membership growth goals. The Executive Director is responsible to attend the Monthly Board meetings and to prepare and present the monthly Executive Director’s report.
Under the leadership of the Executive Director the following essential functions of this position would include, but are not limited to:
- Represents downtown Puyallup in the Main Street Program regionally and nationally as appropriate.
- Prioritizes maintaining and developing positive relationships with all downtown businesses/owners.
- Supports and promotes downtown businesses.
- Manages and supervises support staff and Farmer’s Market Manager.
- Fundraising Activities.
- Committee Development (Promotions, Design, Organization, Economic Development) – Assist and collaborate with committees and their chair but does not have authority over the committee or its structure.
- Work Plans – Assist committees with developing work plan documentation and assists in helping them complete projects but is not a chair of that committee.
- Promotional Projects – Coordinates the production and promotion of downtown events: Farmer’s Market, Meeker Days, Art & Wine Walk, Boo-allup, Santa Parade. Assists each promotional event project chair.
- Revitalization and Design Projects – Coordinates information on design assistance and financial incentives for building owners, acts as a contact for the public for possible downtown preservation projects.
- Economic Vitality/Development Projects – Promoting downtown Puyallup businesses.
- Three to five years relevant non-profit experience
- Degree in Business or Marketing from an accredited college
- Proficient in preparing reports, proposals and presentations
- Proficient computer skills including: Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel, database management software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic, imaginative, well-organized and capable of functioning independently or with a team
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and organizations
- Recruiting and volunteer management experience
- Non-profit board and budget experience
- Marketing / advertising experience
- Experience with downtown revitalization and historic preservation programs (preferred)
- Professional and/or academic economic development experience (preferred)
Full time, salaried position. Salary DOE.
Email cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com Subject: Executive Director position
Position is open until filled. Applications received prior to Feb. 15, 2018 will be given first consideration.